- Follow E. Chris Garrison on WordPress.com
- My favorite fiction writing podcast is back, in a new form! ❤️📝 twitter.com/TheKatBradbury… 8 hours ago
- @shaenongarrity @beackupburner I read that book too! But it was so long ago, I remember almost nothing except the c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @Nellhaslanded: Christmas presents for my author friends @RJSullivanAuthr and @ecgarrison, check them they both are great writers. http… 1 week ago
- RT @BarackObama: Here’s my statement on today’s violence at the Capitol. https://t.co/jLCKo2D1Ya 1 week ago
- I was born in the Space Age. I've lived my life in the Information Age. But now, we're in These Unprecedented Tim… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Trans-Continental Series
- Alien Beer and Other Stories
- Tipsy Fairy Tales Trilogy
- Road Ghosts Omnibus
- Reality Check
- Gifts of the Magi: a Speculative Holiday Collection
- Short fiction
- Free Samples!
- (old) Road Ghosts Trilogy
- Alien Beer Podcast
- The Multiverse Blues
- Other Stuff
- blue spirit
- fairy tales
- flash fiction
- four 'til late
- Hydra Publications
- iron writer
- Reality Check
- road ghosts
- science fiction
- seventh star press
- short fiction
- tipsy fairy tales
- urban fantasy
- whiteboard wednesdays
Tag Archives: short fiction
Hello and welcome to Whiteboard Wednesday! I haven’t managed to live up to Ray Bradbury’s “story a week” challenge, but I’ve managed 13 stories anyway, which is 13 more than I might have had otherwise. So I’m keeping at it. … Continue reading
Still behind on the challenge, but making progress with this 12th story, “Spreading Wings”. This one’s about being different, and how being involved with a “different” person can change you.
I’m a little behind on the weekly story challenge, but I’m especially proud of this latest! I also hope to have another out this week to catch up. This one is an experiment in story form and retro gaming.
“Friends in Space” is my 10th Bradbury Challenge story of my year of weekly short story writing. This one is my take on the Fermi Paradox, and the more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that this is … Continue reading
“Ride Kyng” is my 7th Bradbury Challenge story. Enid returns, in a bit of roadside distress. She runs into someone she’d rather not have, and things turn out very differently than she expects.
This week, I was inspired to write a story about Augmented Reality, in the form of a VR Pokemon-Go-like fantasy game. The characters discover a special Easter egg and get to know the person behind each other’s avatar.
My latest Bradbury Challenge story is ripped from today’s headlines. An expedition of Flat Earthers takes a cruise to see the “Antarctic ice wall barrier” to “prove” the world is flat. My story is from the point of view of … Continue reading
I wrote a story called “Robot Girlfriend” for week three of the 52 week Bradbury Challenge. This Whiteboard Wednesday depicts the characters Jill and Alice, arguing over whether Jill is a robot or a human.
“Write a short story every week. It’s not possible to write 52 bad short stories in a row.” – Ray Bradbury So, my author friend Katina French is doing the “Ray Bradbury Challenge”, that is, to write a story a … Continue reading
This week’s White Wednesday is based on my latest short story, which isn’t available to the public at this time. I’ll just leave this as a teaser for now.